Friday, October 13, 2006

I hang out in the library too much. I'm like the little library loser. Wow. Good thing I have my iPod. Man do I love music.

In other news, I don't know what I did to my back, but it's PISSED. It started hurting hardcore yesterday and has gotten worse today. It's quite fun watching me hobble around. I can't tell if it's the herniated discs acting up or not... But it's not so much sciatica pain as localized in my lower back and right hip area. Man oh man. If I herniated another one, I swear I'm lawsuiting (why does suing look so weird?) the Haven Home.

Aside from my spinal cord's spectacular ability to make my life painful, I've been thinking lately about changing my Professional Accounting major. Mainly because I'm pretty sure I hate accounting. I can't sit through one class without thinking "I hate you, Accounting." Then those thoughts breed to others and eventually lead me to discuss lighting myself on fire with the professor... oh wait... that was because it's so freaking cold in that room. That's right.

I already have a business administration major completed. Who's to say that can't be enough? I'd certainly be satisfied by it...

I think part of my problem letting go of my Accounting major is that it finally is me fully accepting I'll go into ministry. If I have the accounting degree, I can always still go into the Air Force and shoot at things for a good part of my life. It would mean saying goodbye to a lot of things... do I want to do that? Interesting question...

Another thing that has been on my mind lately: Inspiration and Growth. I'm looking critically at all of the activities I'm involved in and am wondering if I'm doing it for ME or for OTHERS. I live a life that is dangerously verging on obsession with other people and I really need to look critically at what I'm doing. I feel like I still have a lot of growth that needs to happen before I can go to seminary and feel ready. There's SO much I want to learn and so little time to do it in. The problem is that I'm involved in a lot of stuff with strong evangelical content. I love God, I want to share God, but I HAVE to feed myself. I love the history of the bible, I love the bible itself, and I feel like I'm immersing myself in a lot of remedial studies rather than challenging myself to grow. This is going to have to be an ongoing conversation for awhile... because I don't want to rush into anything. I do know that sitting quietly in a setting that is supposed to "feed" me isn't going to help me at all. I'm not being fed... I'm feeding. And while feeding isn't necessarily such a bad thing, the feeder can't starve themselves...

But if I'm not involved in the things I'm involved in now, what would I do? Could I seriously leave these groups?

I don't know. What I DO know is that I don't want to work today. Bonus that this weekend is fall break, which just means I have more time to work and do homework. I worked 27 1/2 hours this week at maurices and am schedule for 29 next week. Hallelujah that I'm a "normal" college student. ;)

FALL BREAK PLANS:
Friday: Working 2-9:30 at maurices. Then I'm going to go spend the night at my parents' house and vege with my siblings. May be a good opportunity to watch some movies with them!
Saturday: I TOTALLY have it off! But, I really need to clean my car and room... and the house that I happen to live in. I also need to study Accounting, write a paper, work on a presentation, work on World AIDS Day stuff, etc. That night I'm having a slumber party with Marcia and Melissa. YAY!
Sunday: I work 12-6:30, then my sister wants me to go to Mr. Young's bible study with her. Another night of challenging the man with every statement he makes. I happen to think it's a hilariously good time.
Monday: I work 2-6 at maurices and will most like be in the library at 9 a.m. to do homework. Yay. I also need to spend some time in the county court... ugh.
Tuesday: Working 12-9:30 at maurices.

I'm thinking about retiring and moving to the Cayman Islands. Surely they don't have schedules there, right?

:D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home