Monday, August 21, 2006

It's nuts how fast life flies by sometimes, eh? I had my first vacation all summer this past weekend for PHIVE-O retreat and I feel... completely refreshed and relieved. I think all of the pressures of life had been building up on me from the summer and I just needed a couple days to let go and not do anything. Today is the third day I've had off and I can't describe the euphoria I've got going right now. Man am I grateful for this peace! Go God!

I started filling out my schedule the other night for the first couple months in order to better plan when I can do Living and Learning classes, etc. Turns out, I'm not going to have much of a personal life. Not that I mind, because I'm going to have some fantastic opportunities to work with people in the coming months, but there is the worry in the back of my mind that I could burn out. I've had a couple of people (including my parents) who voice their concerns that I'm taking on too much. Could be interesting to see how I do!

This semester, I've got all business classes. And it shows with how much my freaking books cost. $671! Who does that?! It's not fair! I tried the whole protesting approach, but they laughed at me, so meh. Cost Accounting, Principles of Market, Auditing Principles, Advanced Public Address, and Business Law are going to be what keeps my scholarly mind alive this semester. Hip hip!

Between PHIVE-O, Ignite, working with the Homeless and Hunger committee, SSS, and other stuff... Nah. I'm not going to lie. No matter how much stress I'm going to encounter in my life (potentially) this is going to be an amazing chance to help people. And who would pass up the opportunity to pursue your passion?

Kelsey started college today. My parent are kinda freaking out, but managing the best they know how. I'm sure it's daunting to them to have two children out of the house. They continually call me to see if I've talked to Kelsey, which is actually rather hysterical. My Dad called me this morning to see if I was going to Kearney this evening and ended "okay, bye." Funny man.

I'm frustrated with this whole Matt thing I've got going. First, he burned the bridge by trying to pressure me to have sex when I clearly told him that I was waiting. So, after I got over being mad (it takes like three seconds) and forgave him, I decided that I was going to give him a second chance. So, I went and had a two and a half hour conversation with him regarding life, my beliefs, etc. And then last night he goes and lies to me! He said that he had to work when the place he works at isn't even open! GRRRR! That'll make a person angry. And it did for me. I had a good angry vibe going for two whole hours last night. It disappeared somewhere between texting random people and eating cheesecake, however. Now I'm just disappointed in him. At least I don't have to wonder if I'm doing the right thing anymore. No sense in my getting involved in something that's going to only tear me down further in the end. For awhile I convinced myself that my duty as a Christian was to pursue relationships with people that didn't have a relationship with God. But, I don't know if I could marry someone that didn't believe in God. I thought I could for awhile... and now I'm just all sorts of mixed up.

Ugh. I'm out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home