Wednesday, July 26, 2006

So, there I am, opening the store for maurices when bam! A realization hit me. You know how when you're counting the money in for the drawer, your thoughts stray? Well, mine do at least. I get bored. Easy. So, the realization. I was contemplating what God was telling me about my career choices when a small voice started whispering inside of me (I DON'T hear voices. It was my rational subconcious. Don't whisper things about me.).

It said: "Look at your experience with your life thus far. What do you think God wants you to be? Who do you think God is steering you to become?"

I've already mentioned how there's been twelves signs in the recent past that I should become a pastor. God's been throwing them at me quite a bit. So, with that in mind, I took into account my job experience. I work at a nursing home. I'm literally people's only hope sometimes. I work in an environment where people die all of the time and depend on me to give them some sort of hope to get through the day. I counsel families and try to help them through their grieving process. I pray with those who become sick and won't get any better. I say the Lord's Prayer for those who won't ever be able to utter those words again on this plane.

At maurices, I've learned to make a connection with people. I know how to make people smile and become comfortable with me. I can make them feel like they can trust and know me within moments of meeting them. I can talk about just anything with them too. Bonus!

When I was thinking about this, I fully realized that these talents, these experiences, would be awesome to put into use as a pastor. As a Special agent? Mmmm... maybe. My instincts were telling me 'No' this morning.

But... that doesn't stop me from wanting to join the service. Man! I hate decisions!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home